- What is the e4health CDI Leadership Roundtable? The goal for the virtual CDI Leadership Roundtable Discussion is for CDI leaders to explore specific topics within CDI, learn about the topic and from each other. During each roundtable, e4health CDI Leader’s will present a CDI topic, spend time sharing current industry standards or some education regarding this topic and then open with probing questions for group discussion.
- Who should attend the e4health CDI Leadership Roundtable? The focus of this group is for those who have influence over CDI program process, policy, and education.
- Why should I attend the e4health CDI Roundtable? This will be a wonderful place to learn, share your wins and challenges and collaborate with other CDI leaders across the industry. Also, after completing a survey, free ACDIS CEU’s will be earned.
Earn CEUs Through Our IQ Education Center
Click here to enroll in November’s e4health CDI Roundtable course to earn CEU credits.
The topic for November’s discussion was Supporting a Compliant and Valid Query Practice – Implementing into Practice the 2022 ACDIS/AHIMA Query Practice Brief. Provided in this course is background on the topic, shared industry insights, and facilitated collaborative discussion with guided questions and answers.
• Summarize updates from the 2019 to 2022 AHIMA/ACDIS Query Practice Brief
• Explain the importance of compliant query practice.
• Identify compliant strategies to integrate into query practice.
About the unparalleled expertise and background of our CDI experts
Staci Josten, BSN, RN, CCDS
Staci is an experienced Registered Nurse with a bachelor’s degree of science in nursing and CCDS.
Staci has an extensive background in healthcare for the past 25 years. She started her career as a bedside nurse in critical care and took care of patients in the pre and post cath lab areas. Staci started her Clinical Documentation Integrity career in 2008 in Des Moines, IA. She was later promoted to CDI Director and later to Regional and National Director of the Health System. Responsibilities included overseeing over 35 CDI programs and 100 CDI Professionals across the United States. In 2015, Staci joined a healthcare staffing and consulting company. During this time, started as manager and promoted to Senior Manager, and then Director. Her responsibilities included overseeing CDI professionals as well as development and implementation of CDI Projects including CDI Assessments and CDI Audits.
Staci is passionate about helping others and enjoys assisting in CDI programs improvements with adequate staffing, ongoing quality reviews, education, and CDI assessments.
Staci is a past presenter at state and national for both ACDIS and AHIMA.
Alyson Swinehart, BSN, RN, CCDS
CDI Solutions Expert
Alyson is an experienced Registered Nurse with a bachelor’s degree in the science of nursing and CCDS. Alyson also has a broad background in healthcare over the past 15 years, with over 10 years of CDI experience, 9 of which includes CDI leadership and 8 years in CDI consulting. She started her career in nursing at the bedside in surgical services, trauma, and critical care/stepdown arenas. Alyson started her Clinical Documentation Integrity career in 2012 building a program from the ground up and was quickly promoted into leadership overseeing day-to-day CDI activities, leading efforts to expand CDI services both internally and through the hospital system and building denial management and second level review initiatives. In 2015, Alyson joined a healthcare staffing and consulting company. During this time, she started as a Senior CDI Consultant and was promoted to CDI Supervisor, and then CDI Manager. Her responsibilities included overseeing CDI professionals, and operationalizing CDI engagements specializing in CDI consulting such as CDI Performance Audits, CDI Program Assessments, CDI Resourcing, Initiating Second Level Reviews/Mortality Reviews, Preceptorships of new CDS’s, and developing and delivering education to CDS’s, Providers, and Physician Advisors.
Alyson enjoys collaborating with CDI leaders and CDS’s to identify and break down barriers to emulate CDI Best Practices in current state and embracing change to optimize and adopt CDI solutions to meet future needs on the horizon of CDI. This includes providing CDI resources, performing routine Quality Continuous Management of CDS’s, CDI Performance Audits, CDI Program Assessments, development of extension of CDI services, and developing and delivering customized education to CDS’s, Providers, or Physician Advisors.